Writing, still in my pj’s and you may think why? Well, we are in the peak of hurricane season in Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean unfortunately has been slightly smashed by Mr. Earl. This “little” powerful creation of mother nature was category 4 with sustained 135 mph. But you know what? In my past experiences of hurricane that I’ve been part of, I didn’t felt a thing, but it DID brought heavy rain and heavy winds..
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Mr. undecided is far away from Puerto Rico now, but we must be alert for the following intruder who will visit us very soon…and this time is a “she”..Fiona I recall.
Putting that a side, and still in my pj’s (lol), gloomy days makes me want to be in bed ALL day. With such an unpredictable weather, there is one thing for sure, a comfy, cozy day stay indoors is always enjoyable when its pouring and dull outside. Theres nothing more pleasant than to stay at home reading, drinking hot chocolate, watching movies, cuddle and a little work in between…
Monday, August 30, 2010
Fashion Icon of the week: Olivia Palermo
New York socialite, budding icon style and star of mtv show The City really knows how to dress and accessorized herself. She may be portrayed as not the nicest person to get along with, but I have to admit the girl has an AMAZING hair, impeccable style and enviable taste. Olivia Palermo is becoming the worlds most watched fashionista. She has an eye and a wonderful way of pairing new pieces and vintage to always make them look current and modern. Her hair is always so well put-together, so chic! Here some pictures for the look of fall.. Got to admit, Olivia always makes a statement with her divine accessories (the shades, the handbag, the shoes)...
"Fashion is something that interests me on a daily basis - it started when I would see my mother and aunt get dressed up and go out at night in the city.”--Ms. Palermo
P.S. Did you know it's rumored that Blair Waldorf's character was based off of her??
What do you guys think of her style?
Saturday in the Tropics…
After a stunning sunny Saturday at the beach today on a famous Puerto Rican beach called Ocean Park –people frolicking in the surf, picking up shells and bronzing themselves under big chic umbrellas on white sands and accompany by good friends and good wine, nothing can be more romantic than ending the day with a great gourmet recipe and a good Spanish red wine.
Here one of my favorite Italian plates of all times:Portobello Risotto combined with a Rioja wine.
Preparation time: 25 min approximately
- 1 cup of thin slides of Portobello mushrooms
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- ½ bar of butter or 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 medium onion (mince half of it let the rest intact)
- 1 cup of Arborio rice (high starch Italian rice)
- ¼ cup of red Spanish wine
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ of a cup of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (for those who prefer goats milk you can substitute with: Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Pecorino)
- Flat leaf parsley (chopped for garnish)
1. Semi-boil chicken stock in a medium size saucepan and add ½ the onion.
2. In a deep non-stick casserole melt 2 tbsp of butter and the extra-virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add minced shallots and onion (1/2) to casserole. When the onion is caramelized add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and let it seared for about 2 min.
3. Pour the red wine into the casserole until alcohol evaporates. (Fun fact: to make sure the alcohol is entirely evaporated, place your nose on top of the casserole…if you get wacked …wait another 2 more min).
4. Add Arborio rice and stir until the rice gets a pink-ish color(Notice: this color means the rice is absorbing the wine).
5. Add sufficient chicken stock to cover up all the rice and start stirring non-stop (and I mean NON-STOP). You will notice that the rice will start increasing its size, when chicken stocks evaporates, add again to cover the whole rice. Continue this procedure until rice softens. Gradually lower heat to medium.
6. After repeating this procedure (aprox 5 times), you will observe that the consistency will be similar to a puree, but the grains will triple in size and stay intact.
7. When the rice has completely softened (don’t stop stirring)add the other 2 tbsp of butter plus the Parmigiano Reggiano (or Parmigiano Pecorino Romano) and stir for aprox. 1 minute.
8. Recommend serving in a white bowl (Fact: white plates stimulates desire for food, while it resists to compete with the content). When serving add the flat leaf parsley and more shredded cheese at taste and. …VOILA!!!!
This plate MUST be accompany with a red Spanish wine of your preference, I suggest to compliment the plate with a Rioja, do to its bold flavor and strong body.
Some people loves her, some others hate her, I personally adore her. The fact is that Rachel Zoe is the driving force behind today’s trends. She has an impact on the fashion world with her exquisite taste! In this book: Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, beauty, & Everything Glamour (which I personally think is very good) Mrs. Zoe wanted to share her fashion tips and secrets with the world.
The first tip Zoe gives is the most important advice: “create your own look.”
Everyone knows her affection for big accessories, which she believes, is more important than clothes (right--> cause then again, she totally makes a statement).
The book totally gives you great tips, ideas to wear what you like, feel comfortable in your skin and don’t be afraid to be daring. It really guides you to find your sense of style.
She finishes the book with an important statement: “the meaning of life is LIVING IT”
..This book was fun read…. You'll totally go BANANAS! Lol!
Julia Roberts! This movie trailer obviously shouts out: “Carpe Diem” The famous phrase that’s states: Live Life to the Fullest!... Julia Roberts (my fav actress, which I must say) will be part of an unconventional story of a woman searching for meaning, a search for LOVE! Its based on Elizabeth Gilbert’s best selling memoir, and it details how the author having a bad romance and an unhappy affair, takes a 2 year off to find herself. Isn’t that AMAZING? She looks in the fattening (caloric) pleasures of ITALY, looks in the meditations of an Indian Ashram and finally find her true self, in BALI….AMAZING!
Can’t wait to see it this weekend with “le boyfriend”, ill give you my critique right away…
Un peau avec moi!Well, to tell u the truth, i've been browsing a lot of blogs lately and to get out of the monotony I decided to write my own blog. Why not right..? I hope it becomes my new addiction in a good way and therapeutic sense. Here you’ll find my deepest secrets, passions, experiences and opinions about everything I like. I hope you all enjoy reading my blog, as much as I will enjoy writing it. Just to mention a few of the “sweet things” that makes my life more interesting and hungry for living are: photography, art, fashion, traveling, shopping, food….and the list goes on..